Homemade Egg Noodles
Nothing compares to homemade Egg Noodles. These will make that next dish of yours special.
One of my favorites is Beef Tips and Noodles with a rich brown gravy and coarsely chopped Portabella Mushrooms or your mushrooms of choice. I also make this with a rich Tomato Gravy at times. I prefer to use Rib Eyes cubed for this dish.
How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles
- 1In large bowl mix 1 cup flour with remaining ingredients. Beat 2 or 3 minutes, scraping side of bowl.
- 2With wooden spoon mix in additional flour to make a soft dough. (I use my large cast aluminum fork)
- 3Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover dough and let it rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4On floured surface and floured rolling pin roll half of dough into a 14" to 16" rectangle. Then fold in half crosswise the long length. Then fold the same again. You should have a 14" by 5 " rectangle of dough 4 layers thick.
- 5with sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut noodles in 1/8" wide strips for narrow noodles, 1/4" wide strips for medium, or 1/2" wide strips for wide noodles.
- 6Unfold noodles and lay on clean dish towl or hang on rod or dowel. Let strips dry for at least 2 hours before boiling them. I use Chicken or Beef Broth to boil them. You can cut or break noodles into shorter lengths. Boil until noodles are tender but firm to the teeth.
- 7After cooking, these do well in the fridge for a few days or they freeze well.
- 8Brings your meat and poultry dishes to a new level.