Homemade Broccolini Carbonara
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cice (approx)
1 Tbspof creme fraiche
60 gparmesan cheese grated
·cracked black pepper
350 gof broccolini
350 gof spaghetti
1 Tbspolive oil
3 cloveof garlic peeled and sliced
How to Make Homemade Broccolini Carbonara
- Put 5L of water and the 2 tsp of salt in a pot, then bring to a boil. Then get a large bowl of cold water and fill it with your ice.
- Whisk the crème Fraiche, egg, egg yolks, parmesan cheese and a generous pinch of black cracked pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Put the broccolini in your salted boiling water, boil for 2 minutes, then use a pair of tongs to transfer it to the ice-cold water (do not discard the boiling water). After about 20-30 seconds, strain the broccolini and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the pot of water and boil for 8-9 minutes. Before you drain the pasta, get a large cup and scoop out some of the pasta water, you'll need that water later. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Pre-heat a large pan over medium heat, add some olive oil and then add your garlic. Fry the garlic for about 30-40 seconds and then add your broccolini. Toss the broccolini and the garlic together, then add your pasta.
- If the pasta is sticking together, add a splash of the pasta water you scooped out earlier. Toss together for about a minute or 2 and then add the pasta and broccolini to the bowl with the sauce (the egg mixture).
- Toss the pasta and the broccolini through the sauce making sure everything is getting well coated. Add some more pasta water if you feel like the pasta needs to be loosened up a bit.
- As soon as everything is well combined, put the pasta on a platter and serve.