16 oznoodles, uncooked
1.5 lbground beef
1/2 conions, coarsely chopped
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
3 ccheddar cheese, cubed
1 cchow mein noodles
How to Make Hearty Noodle Casserole
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse with hot water.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked ground beef and noodles; stir gently.
- Pour into 2 ungreased 2 quart casseroles.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Uncover and sprinkle with chow mein noodles and cashews.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Each casserole makes 6 (1 1/3 cup) servings.
- To freeze casserole, place in the freezer after the casserole is mixed, before baking.
- To prepare, thaw completely; increase baking time to 45 to 55 minutes.
- Colby cheese may be used instead of cheddar cheese.
- Peanuts may be used instead of cashews.