"Healthified" Sausage Stuffed Shells
- jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb
- ground lean spicy italian turkey sausage
- 1 box
- 9 oz.frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water removed
- carrot, shredded
- container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 c
- shredded reduced-fat italian cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp
- dried basil leaves
How to Make "Healthified" Sausage Stuffed Shells
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9-inch (3 qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, crumble sausage. cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- 3In medium bowl, stir ricotta, 1 cup of the Italian cheese blend, the spinach and basil until well mixed. Stir in carrots and sausage.
- 4Spread about 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce over bottom of baking dish. Spoon about 3 tablespoons sausage mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange shells, filled sides up, on sauce in baking dish. pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells. Spray 15-inch piece of foil with cooking spray; cover shells with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Italian cheese blend. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. High altitude(3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375F.