Ham and Swiss Lasagna
We enjoy having non traditional foods... keeps life interesting and fun!
This is comfort food... not for dieters!
***This can be doubled or tripled easily.
*** For parties, we usually cut smaller squares because there is always so much food for people to fill their plates.
You can add other things to make it your own recipe!
Play With Your Food! xo
- 5 Tbsp
- 3 c
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 3 - 4 Tbsp
- (to taste) dijon mustard
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 - 4 Tbsp
- corn starch (mixed with enough water to make a batter consistency)
- 1 box
- lasagna noodles, cooked (according to box) al dente
- 1 can(s)
- (15 ounces) mixed vegetables (or use frozen)
- 2 -3 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- 3-5 c
- leftover ham cut into odd shaped chunks
How to Make Ham and Swiss Lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put all of the sauce ingredients (except corn starch and water) into a large sauce pan. Sirring constantly with a whisk, cook over medium heat. until all ingredients are melted and blended well. Bring to a low boil and add the cornstarch and water mixture. When thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Prepare all ingredients for assembly.
Ladle about 3/4 of a cup of the sauce into a 9x13 inch lasagna pan.
Put a layer of noodles over the sauce, press down to allow extra sauce to come up through the noodles and add a little more sauce to cover the noodles.
- 4Generously sprinkle the cut up ham over the sauce.
Sprinkle with some Swiss cheese.
Add another layer of noodles. Add some sauce over the noodles. Put the well drained mixed vegetables over the noodles and sauce.
- 5Add another layer of noodles. More sauce. and the rest of the ham and cheese.
- 6Cover pan with tin foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove tin foil. Continue to bake about 20 minutes or until it is heated though and bubbly and has a light golden color on top.
- 7Serve with a salad and buttered dark rye bread.