1 largeonion, peeled and cut in strips
1 smallcabbage, cut in strips
1 (16) ozbag wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 ptsour cream, if desired
How to Make Haluska (Cabbage & Noodles)
- Melt the butter in a large pan or pot, large enough to hold the chopped cabbage.
- Saute the cabbage and the onion in the butter until glossy and tender.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Cover and let the caggage mixture simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add cooked drained egg noodles and mix.
- Serve with a bowl of sour cream.
- Add salt to taste.