(Old photo by me, kinda looks like Charlie Brown! Rofl!!)
- 1 box
- macaroni and cheese, i prefer velveeta shells and cheese
- 1 lb.
- lean ground beef or ground turkey, can sub ground italian sausage and omit extra seasonings
- (8 oz.) can pizza sauce, divided in half, (12 oz. just fine, too)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- garlic powder
- cup shredded mozzarella, as much as you'd like
- green olive or carrot slices, optional
How to Make Halloween Mac-O'-Lantern
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook and drain ground beef. Cook and prepare mac 'n cheese according to package directions. Remove and set aside 1/4 cup pizza sauce. Into the prepared macaroni, stir in 1/2 the cooked beef, and the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cheese. Spoon evenly into a 9" pie dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine rest of meat with reserved pizza sauce and use to create a jack-o-lantern face on top of the casserole. Decorate further to your heart's desire. (Whole long chives can be placed on first to create the pumpkin divisions/lines.)
- 2*This can also be made with your favorite spaghetti sauce, salsa, marinara, taco sauce or taco seasoning mix prepared to packet directions.