Gulf-Style Citrus Shrimp
- 1 lime
- 1 medium orange
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium fresh raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (31 to 35 count)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 9 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked (package refrigerated)
How to Make Gulf-Style Citrus Shrimp
- 1Remove zest of lime and orange using citrus zester or fine grater. Juice lime; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Juice orange; reserve juice.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add green onions, cumin and pepper sauce. Cook over medium-high heat until onions are softened (1 to 2 minutes). Add shrimp; continue cooking until shrimp turn pink (2 to 3 minutes). Remove shrimp; set aside.
- 3Increase heat to high. Add reserved lime juice and orange juice to same skillet. Cook until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup (4 to 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir in lime and orange zest and cilantro. Add shrimp; stir to coat.
- 4To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over hot cooked fettuccine.