Grams' Mac n Cheese
- 1/4 c
- butter, room temperature
- 5 c
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- velveeta cheese cut in cubes
- big handful of shredded parmesan cheese
- a splash of worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz
- elbow macaroni cooked al dente
How to Make Grams' Mac n Cheese
- 1Combine butter, milk, cornstarch, dry mustard salt and pepper in good size cooking pot. Heat on med to med high until it starts to boil stirring constantly. Continue stirring for 5 minutes (absolutely necessary so it cooks and thickens)
- 2When finished cooking and thickening remove from stove and add all velveeta all the parmesan and all but a big handful of sharp cheese to the mix. Mix thoroughly until all cheese is melted.
- 3Add cooked elbow macaroni and worcestershire to the cheese mixture and stir until all is coated evenly.
- 4Spray a 10-13 pan with cooking spray and pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle the leftover cheddar cheese all over the top. Bake at 375 about 25 minutes, the cheese on top should be golden. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy.