"Goulash" ala Patrick
I have used ground buffalo in it and it was great.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I think the addition of the banana pepper juice is the secret ingredient to a tasty dish. My husband could smell it cooking, and could hardly wait to try it. In fact, I used more banana pepper juice than called for, and I included a few banana pepper rings with my chopped bell peppers. It just intensified the flavor. The Test Kitchen
1 lbground beef, or turkey, brown and drain
·chopped green pepper
·1/ 2 box macaroni , uncoocked
·hot sauce, optional
·banana pepper juice, optional
1 largecan of tomato juice
·shredded cheese, optional
How to Make "Goulash" ala Patrick
- Brown the meat with the onion and green pepper in a dutch oven or soup pot. drain well and put the meat back in the pan. **pour some hot sauce and banana pepper juice over meat mixture and let simmer for about 5 mins. if using these optional products.**
- Pour the tomato juice over the meat and simmer over med-low heat until it starts a low boil.
- Once it boils, add the macaroni, sprinkle with garlic powder, cover. Simmer for 20-25 mins. until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the top ( start with about 2 tbsp) and taste. Add more sugar to suit your tastes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, and more hot sauce on top if desired.