Gouda Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon
- 1 box
- (16 oz.) large macaroni, dry
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c
- 3 c
- whole milk
- 16 oz
- gouda cheese, grated
- 2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- (12-16) oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- panko crumbs
How to Make Gouda Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon
- 1Boil macaroni until adente. Drain and rinse.
- 2In a deep sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour and mix until incorporated with no lumps. Slowly pour in milk and heat until thickened.
- 3Add in gouda cheese and stir until cheese is melted completely into the sauce.
- 4Mix together macaroni, cheese sauce and bacon. Pour into a buttered baking dish and sprinkle with buttered panko crumbs.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees just until panko has browned. (about 5 minutes)