Gouda Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon
1 box(16 oz.) large macaroni, dry
3 cwhole milk
16 ozgouda cheese, grated
·fresh ground pepper to taste
1 pkg(12-16) oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cpanko crumbs
How to Make Gouda Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon
- Boil macaroni until adente. Drain and rinse.
- In a deep sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour and mix until incorporated with no lumps. Slowly pour in milk and heat until thickened.
- Add in gouda cheese and stir until cheese is melted completely into the sauce.
- Mix together macaroni, cheese sauce and bacon. Pour into a buttered baking dish and sprinkle with buttered panko crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees just until panko has browned. (about 5 minutes)