Gom (aka Goulash or Chili Mac)
I've frequently given the recipe to friends who are wondering "WHAT am i going to fix for dinner tonight?". It's quick, easy, and one most people have most, if not all, of the ingredients on hand so they don't have to shop. Usually, the next morning, I hear "My kid(s) LOVED it."
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1 mediumchopped onion
2 cuncooked elbow macaroni
1 can(s)condensed tomato soup
1 tspred chili powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1/2 tspgarlic powder
2 cgrated cheddar cheese or slices of american cheese
How to Make Gom (aka Goulash or Chili Mac)
- Crumble and brown the ground beef with the onion (I chop the onion as small as possible. not diced, but small pieces).
- When the beef is browned, add the uncooked macaroni and let it cook a few minutes.
- Add the tomato soup, water (use the empty soup can to measure) and the seasonings. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Let simmer until the macaroni is done, 10 to 15 minutes and the sauce is thickened. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick.
- Top with slices of American cheese or the grated cheddar cheese. I've also used pepper jack, colby jack and other cheeses. Let the cheese melt and serve.