Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 9 clove
- garlic, sliced
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 stick
- 1 large
- can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 Tbsp
- italian herb mixture (oregano, basil, rosemary, marjoram, red pepper flakes, etc)
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/2-1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb
- mushrooms (baby bellas, button - your favorite) quartered and sauteed
- 1 c
- fresh basil, chiffonaded
How to Make Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1Add sliced garlic to 1/4 cup oil. Let stand 30 minutes (or longer). If making the mushroom sauce, saute the mushrooms in a little olive oil during this time.
- 2In a medium pan, melt butter over medium low heat. When melted, add tomatoes and stir until blended.
- 3Add garlic oil and stir until blended.
- 4Add seasoning and herbs (and mushrooms for mushroom sauce).
For tomato basil sauce - omit the Italian herbs; adding the chiffonaded basil instead.
- 5Heat just to a boil. Add parmesan and stir until melted. Remove from heat and serve over pasta of your choice.