Fresh Plum Tomatoes & Spinach over Pasta
RED & GREEN PASTA A LA PESTO (KIDS LOVE IT!)
1 lbany dry pasta
1 pkgknorr pesto mix (envelope)
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil (part of pesto mix )
1/2 pkgfresh bag of spinach leaves (9oz.)
3 mediumfresh plum tomatoes deseeded & 1/4 inch
1/4 cfresh grated (or fine shred) parmesan cheese
1/4 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Fresh Plum Tomatoes & Spinach over Pasta
- Cook Pasta to Al Dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, cut plum tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Cut remainder of tomato in a 1/2" dice.
- For spinach,its prewashed, just pinch off larger stems. Smaller stems can stay,they become quite tender.
- Using the same pot pasta came out of; prepare pesto according to package directions. (jarred pesto may be substituted use 1/3 of a small jar)
- Add pasta to pesto sauce(once it begins to simmer)in pot. Add pepper flakes.
- Add fresh tomatoes and spinach and toss.
- Pour pasta dish onto a large oval platter or in a large bowl. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Serve with warmed sliced Italian or French bread and a salad. Yumm!