Fresh Plum Tomatoes & Spinach over Pasta
- 1 lb
- any dry pasta
- 1 pkg
- knorr pesto mix (envelope)
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil (part of pesto mix )
- 1/2 pkg
- fresh bag of spinach leaves (9oz.)
- 3 medium
- fresh plum tomatoes deseeded & 1/4 inch
- 1/4 c
- fresh grated (or fine shred) parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
RED & GREEN PASTA A LA PESTO (KIDS LOVE IT!)
How to Make Fresh Plum Tomatoes & Spinach over Pasta
- 1Cook Pasta to Al Dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- 2While pasta is cooking, cut plum tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Cut remainder of tomato in a 1/2" dice.
- 3For spinach,its prewashed, just pinch off larger stems. Smaller stems can stay,they become quite tender.
- 4Using the same pot pasta came out of; prepare pesto according to package directions. (jarred pesto may be substituted use 1/3 of a small jar)
- 5Add pasta to pesto sauce(once it begins to simmer)in pot. Add pepper flakes.
- 6Add fresh tomatoes and spinach and toss.
- 7Pour pasta dish onto a large oval platter or in a large bowl. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Serve with warmed sliced Italian or French bread and a salad. Yumm!