Fresh Corn Pestare Pasta & Seared Grape Tomatoes
- 4 c
- 4-cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 large ears)
- 8 slice
- thick cut applewood bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 c
- grape tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt (divided)
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 c
- toasted pine nuts, divided
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- 8 oz
- tagliatelle (fresh if possible)
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped (divided)
- 1/4 c
- flat leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
How to Make Fresh Corn Pestare Pasta & Seared Grape Tomatoes
- 1Microwave 3 ears of corn in husks on HIGH for 3 minutes. Remove and repeat with the other 3 ears of corn. Let cool, remove husks and silk and slice off kernels into a large bowl.
- 2In large heavy skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon transfer bacon to paper towel to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings reserving one extra tablespoon for later use.
- 3Add tomatoes and 1/2-teaspoon salt to skillet; cook over medium heat until tomatoes are lightly browned and caramelized. Using slotted spoon transfer tomatoes to heatproof bowl.
- 4Add reserved 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings to pan. Add corn, garlic, remaining salt and pepper and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of corn mixture in small bowl and set aside.
- 5Pour the remaining corn mixture into a food processor or blender. Add Parmesan cheese, 1/4-cup pine nuts and cream; process until pestare is smooth and creamy.
- 6Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender but firm (fresh pasta will take about 1-2 minutes). Drain pasta, reserving 2 cups of pasta water.
- 7Return pasta to pot and add fresh corn pestare, reserved corn kernels,1/4-cup basil leaves and parsley. Toss gently adding just enough of reserved pasta water to reach desired sauce consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 8Divide pasta among serving bowls. Top with seared tomatoes, crispy bacon, remaining pine nuts. Garnish with remaining basil. Pass additional grated Parmesan as desired.