Fideo the Easy Way
2 Tbspvegetable oil or peanut oil
1 pkg(8 oz.) fideo pasta (thin noodles)
2-3green onions finely chopped or 1 small onion finely chopped
3-4 clovegarlic finely chopped or 2 teaspoons chopped garlic in a jar
1 can(s)(14 1/2 oz) tomato sauce
1 tspsalt or to taste
1-2 can(s)water (fill the tomato sauce can and use it for your water to add to the fideo)
How to Make Fideo the Easy Way
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until they are tender but not browned.
- Next add the fideo to the onion and garlic mixture, and fry until a golden brown.
- Pour in the can of tomato sauce, and 1 can of the water and stir to blend. Bring to a boil, cut your heat down to low and cook with a cover until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in more water as needed. Cover, and cook over low heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until the fideo is tender, and the sauce has thickened. Then enjoy delicious fideo!