Fettuccini Alfredo... the original secret recipe
Until now, the Original Fettuccine Alfredo has been a secret recipe passed on from generation to generation.
At the Alfredo restaurants, the fettuccine noodles are made fresh daily. But store bought noodles work just fine.
At my house, we like to add a bit of garlic, shrimp, chicken, and broccoli.
We serve with crusty bread or garlic bread or toast, and a salad.
This is an internet recipe...
- 1 lb
- very thin fettuccine noodles
- 6 oz
- butter, unsalted
- 6 oz
- parmigiano-reggiano, (aged 24 months) grated
- garlic, ground black pepper and sweet basil (to taste)
How to Make Fettuccini Alfredo... the original secret recipe
- 1Cook the fettuccine noodles in 1 gallon of salted boiling water for three minutes. At the same time, mix the butter at room temperature in a bowl with the grated cheese until the cheese almost dissolves, forming a smooth cream. If using a mixer, this should not take more than three minutes at which time the noodles will be ready. Strain the pasta leaving just a small amount of water and toss the noodles with the Alfredo sauce. Plate the preparation. Cheese lovers may want to sprinkle additional grated cheese on top
- 2*** When using packaged noodles, go by the directions on the packaging.