Fettuccine with Ham and Mushroom Sauce
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 cmushrooms, sliced
1 smallbell pepper, julienned
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
12 ozevaporated milk
2 Tbspfresh basil, snipped
6 ozcooked ham, cut into strips
9 ozrefrigerated fettuccine, plain or spinach
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
·fresh basil leaves, optional
How to Make Fettuccine with Ham and Mushroom Sauce
- For sauce, cook mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet till tender.
- Stir together evaporated milk, basil, cornstarch, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir into vegetable mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in ham strips.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and garnish with basil leaves.