Fettuccine With Goat Cheese And Peppers
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8dried tomato halves
1 Tbspolive oil
1 can(s)sliced scallions
2garlic cloves, minced
1 mediumred bell pepper
1 mediumyellow pepper
1/4 cchicken broth
1/4 cslivered fresh basil
10 smallcalamata olives
1 Tbspcapers, drained and rinsed
2 tspdried oregano
4 1/2 ozgoat cheesse, crumbled
12 ozfettucine, cooked and kept warmed
How to Make Fettuccine With Goat Cheese And Peppers
- Cut the bell pepper into thin slices and set aside.
- Pit and coarsely chop olives and set aside.
- Place tomatoes in shallow pan and cover with boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid. Thinly slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet; add scallions and garlic. Stir frequently while cooking for 2 minutes. Add peppers, and cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Add chicken broth and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat, then add tomatoes and the reserved liquid, basil, olives, capers and oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put fettuccine in a large serving bowl; add goat cheese and toss until melted. Add pepper mixture and toss until mixed well.