★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 slice
- bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 oz
- fettucine or linguine
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- half and half, light cream or milk
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, or margarine
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/4 c
- snipped fresh parsley
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Fettuccine Carbonara
- 1Cook bacon until crisp, drain.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- 3for sauce, in saucepan combine egg, half and half,and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until egg mixture just coats a metal spoon (about 6 minutes; do not boil. Immediately pour sauce over pasta; stir gently to coat.
- 4Add cooked bacon, Parmesan cheese, and parsley; stir gently to combine. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.