2 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
1 3/4 - 2 cshredded parmesan cheese
·fresh chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Add the garlic and let cook until transparent and aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and make sure all lumps are gone. Cook for another 2 minutes, continuing to whisk the entire time.
- Whisk in the cream until lumps are gone. Cover and let cook until thickened, about 10 min. DO NOT boil.
- Whisk in the cheese, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Taste test and decide if you think more cheese or seasonings are needed. Add if necessary.
- Whisk in the milk, 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce reaches your desired thickness. More milk means a thinner consistency. But it will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Spoon fettuccine into bowls and top with sauce. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.