Farfalle Carbonaro with Sausage
NOTE: I am not one for measuring so amounts are approximate.
1 lbfarfalle pasta (or your favorite pasta)
1 lbsweet italian sausage removed from casing
1 mediumonion, sliced thin
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 cchicken broth
1/4 cwhite wine
1 cfrozen peas, thawed
·grated parmesan or romano cheese
·salt, pepper, parsley flakes and dried basil
How to Make Farfalle Carbonaro with Sausage
- Put a large pasta pot of water to boil. Add salt to the water. Then.....
- In a large skillet, saute sausage over medium heat breaking it up into pieces as it cooks.
- Half way through cooking, add the sliced onion to the skillet and cook until soft and translucent and then add the minced garlic.
- When the pot of water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken broth and white wine to the skillet and simmer for approximately 10 minutes then add the peas. Add salt, pepper, parsley and basil to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and add approximatly 1/4 cup of grated cheese, salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain well and place in pasta dish, pour the egg mixture on the pasta and toss well. Then pour the sausage/pea mixture on the pasta and toss.
- Top with about 1/2 cup of grated cheese and serve.