By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 Tbspolive oil
3 tspfresh oregano
1.5 tspfresh basil leaves, chopped
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
8 ozmozzarella cheese slices
1 cricotta cheese
2 cspaghetti sauce
2 Tbspfennel seeds, crushed
1 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Eggplant Lasagna
- Mix the oil with the oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Brush it onto both sides of the eggplant and zucchini.
- Lay the eggplant and zucchini in single layers on baking sheets.
- Broil them 2 inches from the heat for 4 or 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Turn, brush the other side with the oil and broil until the second side is done. Remove.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place half the eggplant slices in a wide, shallow 2 or 3 quart baking dish.
- Add half the zucchini, then layer in half of the mozzarella, drained ricotta, spaghetti sauce, fennel seed and parmesan.
- Repeat the layering with the second half of the ingredients.
- Cover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- May be made ahead several days, or frozen, defrosted and reheated.