By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 tsp
- fresh oregano
- 1.5 tsp
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- eggplant, sliced
- zucchini, sliced
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 c
- ricotta cheese
- 2 c
- spaghetti sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Eggplant Lasagna
- 1Mix the oil with the oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- 2Brush it onto both sides of the eggplant and zucchini.
- 3Lay the eggplant and zucchini in single layers on baking sheets.
- 4Broil them 2 inches from the heat for 4 or 5 minutes or until cooked.
- 5Turn, brush the other side with the oil and broil until the second side is done. Remove.
- 6Preheat oven to 350.
- 7Place half the eggplant slices in a wide, shallow 2 or 3 quart baking dish.
- 8Add half the zucchini, then layer in half of the mozzarella, drained ricotta, spaghetti sauce, fennel seed and parmesan.
- 9Repeat the layering with the second half of the ingredients.
- 10Cover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 11May be made ahead several days, or frozen, defrosted and reheated.