Easy Pantry Pasta Sauce
The can sizes quoted are based on making a 1 pound box of pasta.
Adjust as needed for the amount you want to make.
1 can(s)tomato sauce (15 ounce)
1 can(s)tomato paste (6 ounces)
1 can(s)diced tomatoes, do not drain (14.5 ounces)
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
4-6baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1 lbground meat (optional)
How to Make Easy Pantry Pasta Sauce
- Blend tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar and garlic in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Saute onions with olive oil until halfway cooked, add diced tomatoes.
- If adding meat to the sauce, fry in pan with onions until brown then add diced tomatoes.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes, then add mushrooms.
- Simmer until the sauce is at the consistency you desire.