- 1 pkg
- manicotti shells
- 1 lb
- lean hamburger
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1 clove
- finely diced garlic - i used a garlic press
- pieces of string cheese
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce - i use prego 3 cheese sauce
How to Make Easy Manicotti
- 1Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread half of the meat sauce into a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- 2Drain manicotti and stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese. Place over meat sauce and top with remaining meat sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 3Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- 4*NOTE* To mix things up you can also make this with a mexican flare. Use pepper-jack string cheese, taco seasoning with the hamburer and add salsa to make the meat mixture saucey. Then use mexican 4-blend shredded cheese on top! Yummy too!