Delicious Stove Top Lasagna
So this is what I came up with......
- 28 oz
- can of crushed tomatoes with basil
- 8 oz
- can of tomato sauce with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb
- bulk italian sausage
- dry, lasagna noodles (not precooked), broken in thirds
- heaping cup of ricotta cheese
- 4 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Delicious Stove Top Lasagna
- 1Mix together the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water in bowl.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large, 12 inch pan, over medium heat.
Add the diced onion, and cook until soft, then add the garlic, and cook for one minute.
Season with salt and pepper, stir.
- 3Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned. Break meat up into small pieces.
- 4Layer broken lasagna noodles on top of Italian sausage.
Pour the tomato sauce mixture over the noodles.
- 5Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cover. Let the sauce bubble to cook the noodles. Once noodles start to soften, give a stir to push the noodles into the sauce.
- 6When the noodles are done to your liking, drop spoonful's of ricotta onto the lasagna. Give a stir to break up the ricotta.
- 7Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, cover and let cheese melt, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!