Delicious Stove Top Lasagna
So this is what I came up with......
28 ozcan of crushed tomatoes with basil
8 ozcan of tomato sauce with basil, garlic, and oregano
1 Tbspolive oil, light
1medium yellow onion, diced
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspcoarse fresh ground pepper
1 lbbulk italian sausage
8dry, lasagna noodles (not precooked), broken in thirds
1/2heaping cup of ricotta cheese
4 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Delicious Stove Top Lasagna
- Mix together the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water in bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large, 12 inch pan, over medium heat.
Add the diced onion, and cook until soft, then add the garlic, and cook for one minute.
Season with salt and pepper, stir.
- Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned. Break meat up into small pieces.
- Layer broken lasagna noodles on top of Italian sausage.
Pour the tomato sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cover. Let the sauce bubble to cook the noodles. Once noodles start to soften, give a stir to push the noodles into the sauce.
- When the noodles are done to your liking, drop spoonful's of ricotta onto the lasagna. Give a stir to break up the ricotta.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, cover and let cheese melt, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!