Creole Mac & Cheese
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Way to spice up a traditional favorite! This recipe is so smooth and creamy, and I love how well the cottage cheese blends right in to give it an even lovelier texture. (So don't shy away from trying it!) We went light on the spices, but season as you see fit! This is A+ mac & cheese. The Test Kitchen
2 celbow macaroni
2 ccottage cheese, lowfat
8 ozsour cream, lite
·dash of pepper
3 cgrated sharp cheddar (divided)
1 1/2 Tbsptony chachere's creole seasoning (divided)
How to Make Creole Mac & Cheese
- Cook Macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain rinse and set aside.
- Combine next six ingredients. Except divide 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and set aside. Combine the other 2 cups with the mixture. Also set aside about 1/2 a TBL Spoon of the 1 1/2 TBL spoon of creole seasoning to sprinkle on top.
- Add macaroni to cheese mixture and stir well. Spoon into lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining Cheese and creole seasoning.
- If you don't like creole seasoning you can always add paprika instead. Just adjust the amount to taste.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes