Creamy Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
- 8 oz
- rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 tsp
- 1 medium
- zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, fresh & sliced
- garlic cloves, mined
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- each... basil leaves, oregano leaves, & crushed red peppers
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low-fat
- 4 oz
- philly neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 pkg
- baby spinach
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese shredded & divided
How to Make Creamy Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
- 1Heat the oven to 375F. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan as dircted on the package, omitting the salt.
- 2In the mean time, heat the oil in large fryong pan on medium heat. Add in the zucchini,mushrooms & garlic. Cook & stir for about 3 to 4 mins or until zucchini is crisp & tender.
- 3Then add in the flour & seasonings. Cook & stir again for about 1 to 2 mins. Stir in the broth, cook for another 2 to 3 mins or until thickened. Add in the Neufchatel cheese, cook & stir for about 2 to 3 mins or until the cheese has melted.
- 4Drain the pasta, return to the pan & add in the zucchini mixture. Then add in the spinach,parmesan & 1/2 cup mozzarella. Mix lightly & spoon into 2 qt. casserole dish. Spray with cooking spray. Then top with remaining mozzarella.
- 5Bake for about 10 mins or until mozzarella is melted.