Creamy Cheesy Chipotle Pasta & Beef Smokies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 box
- pasta of choice, i used penne rigate, boiled el dante, and drained
- 1/2 box
- velveeta, cubed
- minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 12 oz
- can evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick
- butter or margarine
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 13 oz
- package beef little smokie sausages
- 1/2 6oz can(s)
- french fried onions
- black pepper to taste, i used a couple good twists of fresh ground black pepper corns
How to Make Creamy Cheesy Chipotle Pasta & Beef Smokies
- 1preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2In a large non-stick pan, bring 1/2 the pan deep of water to a boil, add approximately 1/2 box of sturdy pasta of your choice. I used the penne rigate because it holds onto sauce well. Boil until pasta is done, but not overcooked. About 10 minutes. Drain, rinse, and return to non-stick pan.
- 3Add the cheeses, butter, canned milk, minced chipotle peppers, and ground black pepper to the non-stick pan and heat on medium until the cheeses start melting. If mixture is too thick [stringy cheesy] add some water to smooth it out. Stir in the little beef smokie links and 1/2 can of french fried onions. Check your cheese sauce taste and adjust to suit you, if still too thick, add a little water. Spoon mixture into a 13 X 9 baking dish liberally sprayed with pan pal.
- 4Bake in preheated oven to 375 degrees 30 minutes. Serve hot, but let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.