- 1 box
- spaghetti, or pasta of choice, 8 oz.
- 24 oz
- cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp
- italian herb blend (or use 1/2 tsp each oregano, rosemary & thyme)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (margarine okay, but butter's best!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Cottage Pasta
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions to al dente tenderness.
- 2In medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, herbs, salt & pepper (to taste), and 1 cup parmesan cheese until just incorporated, unless you want the curds smoothed out. In that case, blend the mixture with a fork until smooth. You could also puree in a blender. Personally, I prefer to leave most of the curds intact.
- 3Drain pasta. Dot with butter and mix to melt butter. Plate the pasta and cover with cottage cheese mixture. Top with additional parmesan cheese. Enjoy!