Classic Lasagna Rolls
- lasagna noodles
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 2 clove
- 1 jar(s)
- pasta sauce with herbs - 26 ounces
- container ricotta cheese - 16 ounces
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Classic Lasagna Rolls
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain noodles. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Lay noodles flat on waxed papaer.
- 3Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medum-high heat until meat is browned and crumbly. Drain fat from skillet. Add pasta sauce; heat to boiling. Spread 2 cups of meat sauce into prepared baking dish.
- 4Mix ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella in a large bowl. Spread cheese mixture over each noodle.
- 5Roll up noodles tightly; place seam sides down on top of meat sauce in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake rolls until heated through, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 6Hints - feel free to use pasta sauce of your choice. For a richer flavor, drizzle drained noodles with a touch of olive oil instead of rinsing them.