1 pkglasagna noodles
1 lbground beef
1onion, finely chopped
1garlic clove, minced
10 ozmushrooms, sliced
14 ozspaghetti sauce
5.5 oztomato paste
1 tspdried oregano
1 ccottage cheese
1/3 cparmesan cheese, grated
1 pkgmozzarella, slices
1 pkgspinach, thawed and drained
How to Make Classic Lasagna
- Cook lasagna in a large quantity of boiling water until just barely tender;
- Drain off most of water.
- Add ice cubes to stop cooking.
- Allow lasagna to stand in cold water to prevent pasta sticking together.
- In a saucepan, brown meat with onion and garlic.
- Drain off fat.
- Cook over low heat, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms with liquid, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine egg with spinach, cottage and parmesan cheeses.
- Spread 1/3 of meat sauce in 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Cover 1/4 of lasagna (about 5 overlapping strips.)
- Alternate another 1/3 of sauce and 1/4 of lasagna.
- Spread spinach mixture over pasta and cover with 1/4 lasagna strips.
- Top with remaining sauce and pasta.
- Arrange mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.