Christy's Smoked Sausage Penne in Vodka Blush Sauce
- 26 oz
- spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- half & half
- shot of vodka
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 pkg
- smoked sausage (i use eckrich)
- 1 Tbsp
- real butter (salted)
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 lb
- penne rigate pasta
- parmesan cheese
- finely shredded mozzarella cheese
VODKA BLUSH SAUCE
How to Make Christy's Smoked Sausage Penne in Vodka Blush Sauce
- 1Boil pasta according to package directions and drain.
- 2Combine all sauce ingredients and simmer on medium heat - stirring often so cream cheese melts completely.
- 3Slice smoked sausage into thick "quarterlike" slices and sautee in butter/garlic on medium heat until they start to brown slightly.
- 4Combime pasta/blush sauce/smoked sausage together - stirring thoroughly -- the pasta will fill with the sauce.
- 5After plating, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.