Christmas Eve Fettucini Alfredo and Shrimp
1 lbfettucini (or pasta of your choice)
1 qtheavy cream
4cloves of garlic - minced/crushed
1 Tbspbutter - to saute garlic
2 cpecorino/romano grated cheese
1 cfrozen sweet peas - thawed
1 1/2 lbshrimp - deveined/shelled
How to Make Christmas Eve Fettucini Alfredo and Shrimp
- Boil water with a dash of salt for your pasta - you can add some olive oil so the pasta does not stick. Add Pasta when water has come to a boil. With a pasta fork gently stir pasta so it does not stick.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, melt butter and saute your garlic(do not let it burn).
- Add Heavy Cream and your 2 Cups of Cheese...let it come up to a slow simmer until it thickens. Take off flame once it has reached your desired thickness.
- Add Shrimp and 1 cup of thawed peas to your Alfredo sauce. Let stand until your pasta is ready. Your shrimp should be opaque, nice and pink by the time you add it to the pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and place pasta back in pot. Add your shrimp and Alfredo sauce to the pasta. Gently incorporate the sauce and pasta - gently with a pair of tongs.
- Last and most important step....ENJOY!!