Chop Suey - American Style!
This recipe feeds a good size crowd, so you might want to cut it in half if you are serving fewer people. You will easily fill to the brim a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
Be sure to cover the casserole with aluminun foil during the baking period leaving a few opened edges so the macatoni doesn't "steam" and become too "mushy".
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbelbow or rotini macaroni cooked al a dent
1 1/2 lbbrowned and seasoned hamburger
1 largecan of tomato soup ( undiluted)
2 can(s)15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes ( leave juice in one can dump most of second can juice out for another use
2onions, (vidalia or yellow)peeled and chopped
1large green bell pepper ( seeded and chopped)
3-4garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
2 1/2 cfresh celery (diced)
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
3 Tbspworcestershire sauce ( secret ingredient!!)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chop Suey - American Style!
- Brown gound beef and season with salt and pepper, drain fats
Pre heat oven to 325 degrees
- Using same pan add in with drained hamburg, the chopped vegetables, stewed tomatoes, tomatoe soup ( no water)and all seasonings...let simmer on med low for 10 minutes.
- Cook macaroni to package directions removing from burner 2 minutes earlier than al a dent stage. Strain
- Add simmered sauce to macarioni, combine lightly and fill a large 13 x 9 casserole (sprayed with Pam if you wish)
- Cover with foil ( see my personal note for tip) and bake at 325 for 45 minutes
- Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread...(optional)