★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbfettuccine pasta
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/4 cfat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
5 tspall purpose flour
4 ozneufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat)
3 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
1/4 tspgarlic powde
How to Make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
1/2 lb. fettuccine, uncooked
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/4 cup fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
5 tsp all-purpose flour
4 oz. Neufchatel Cheese (1/3 less fat)
3 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1) Cook pasta as directed on package.
2) Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3) Remove chicken from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in Neufchatel cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat.
4) Stir in chicken.
5) Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Pour chicken mixture over pasta; toss to coat.
6) Optional: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley before serving.
1) I love making this with grilled chicken breasts, but that is not an option during the winter. So, I slice the chicken breasts length-wise and cook it at 300 F in a sprayed electric fry pan. This adds flavor since they are browning at the same time. After the chicken is cooked, then I cut it into bite-sized pieces and add to the sauce. Also, the chicken remains moist this way!
2) My idea of a serving bowl is the pot I cooked the pasta in! I rinse out and dry the pasta pot, and then combine the Alfredo sauce with chicken and the pasta together. (Remember... I'm cooking for 3 teenagers and a husband!)
3) As a change of pace, I have been known to add steamed broccoli with the