- 2-3 cups cooked chicken (amount is not critical)
- 2 cans (15 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 lb. penne (see note @ bottom)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh grated good quality parmesan
- 1-1/2 cups hellman's lite mayo
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c flat leaf parsley, rough chop and some torn basil leaves if available.
- 1 tbsp. capers (brine packed) opt., but nice
How to Make Chicken Artichoke Pasta in Lite Cream Sauce!
- 1Cook your pasta in salted water until al dente.
Drain and rinse.
Make the sauce and set aside. If you don't like capers or do not have them, leave them out, but they add that that extra zing. The dish is awesome either way.
- 2Pat the artichokes as dry as possible and cut in half if needed. (I have found that cut up ones are much cheaper).
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or skillet and add the artichokes. Let them sit and brown before stirring. The browning add such a wonderful flavor!
Add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- 3Add chicken and pasta. Lower heat. Stir to combine well and heat through.
Add your sauce and stir/toss well. Remove from heat, add the cheese. Serve with lots of fresh ground pepper
- 4Lately everything is being downsized, but they still charge us the same amount, for less. Therefore you can no longer find 1 pound boxes/packages of pasta. Most have between 12 and 13-1/2 oz. So the amount of people it will serve has to be adjusted in most cases.