Cheesy Spinach & Mushroom-Stuffed Pasta Shells
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 1 pkg
- (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 c
- chopped mushrooms
- 2 large
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) shredded italian cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1 c
- ricotta cheese
- 1 jar(s)
- (26 to 32 ounce) pasta sauce
How to Make Cheesy Spinach & Mushroom-Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Meanwhile, drain thawed spinach well, pressing out excess liquid.
- 2For filling, in a medium bowl beat eggs. Stir in spinach, chopped mushrooms, 1-1/2 cups of the Italian cheese blend, and the ricotta cheese. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of the filling into each jumbo shell. Place shells in 2-quart square baking dish. Pour pasta sauce over shells.
- 3Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend before serving.
**Make Ahead Tip Cover casserole with plastic wrap, then foil. Chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, remove plastic wrap; cover with foil. Bake chilled shells in a 375 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until heated through.