Cheesy Meaty Pasta Bake
It's rich, it's filling, it's comfort food.
It's super easy to make and I suggest you double the recipe so you have some to freeze for a quick hearty meal on a super busy day.
If you are in a huge hurry you could bypass the baking and serve it straight from the pot !
1/4 tsponion powder
3/4 tspgarlic powder or fresh garlic to your taste
1 tsporegano - or italian seasoning
1-1/2 cspiral pasta noodles - uncooked - or any large surface noodle
3/4 lblean ground beef
1/4 lbsweet italian sausage
2 csliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cthinly sliced onion
1/2 cchopped green bell pepper
1/4 cdiced celery
1/3 cdiced pepperoni
2 ctomato sauce
1/2 cshredded provolone cheese
3/4 cshredded mozzarella cheese
3 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Cheesy Meaty Pasta Bake
- Preheat oven to 350*.
Lightly spray a baking dish - 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 and set aside.
- In a small dish mix together the onion powder, garlic and oregano and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions but shorten the cooking time by 2 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Heat a large skillet or pot to medium and add the ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook until done.
Remove meat from pan but leave the drippings.
- To the pan drippings add the butter. Then add the mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and celery and cook until all are done but not scorched.
- Add the meat mixture to the cooked vegies then mix in the pepperoni. Sprinkle the seasonings and stir to blend over low heat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and heat thoroughly over low for about 5 minutes.
Add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with half of the Provolone and half of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Remove cover and sprinkle with remainder of cheeses.
Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until all of the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for at least 7 minutes before serving.
Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.