Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
(OLD photo by me)
1 (14 oz.) can(s)artichocke hearts, drained and quartered
1 (10 oz.)container grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 (6 oz.) can(s)medium black olives, drained and halved lengthwise
1green bell pepper, diced
1 (20 oz.) pkgcheese-filled tortellini, cooked al dente, drained (fresh or frozen)
1/3 cevoo, more if needed (extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 cparmesan cheese, i use the kind in the "green can" (kraft), but you could definately use fresh finely grated
1 (8 oz.) jar(s)basil pesto
1/2 tspsalt, more if needed
2 tspminced garlic (i cheat and use the kind in the little jar as i hate chopping and grating garlic))
12 oz.good mozzarella cheese (fresh if you like), cubed
8 oz.(or half of a 1 lb. box) rotini noodles, cooked al dente and drained
How to Make Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
- Cook pastas, set aside to cool a bit.
- In large bowl or punch bowl, add rest of ingredients folding gently til well mixed.
- Gently fold in pastas well.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, meaning, add more salt, parmesan, etc., til it's to your own liking.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
- *If serving this much later or the next day, you'll need to "refresh" this. Just add a bit more olive oil, salt and parmesan cheese before serving as the noodles suck up the oil and seasonings a bit.
- *This salad is best room temp or even slightly warm.