Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
(OLD photo by me)
- 1 (14 oz.) can(s)
- artichocke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 oz.)
- container grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 (6 oz.) can(s)
- medium black olives, drained and halved lengthwise
- green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (20 oz.) pkg
- cheese-filled tortellini, cooked al dente, drained (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 c
- evoo, more if needed (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, i use the kind in the "green can" (kraft), but you could definately use fresh finely grated
- 1 (8 oz.) jar(s)
- basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, more if needed
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic (i cheat and use the kind in the little jar as i hate chopping and grating garlic))
- 12 oz.
- good mozzarella cheese (fresh if you like), cubed
- 8 oz.
- (or half of a 1 lb. box) rotini noodles, cooked al dente and drained
How to Make Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1Cook pastas, set aside to cool a bit.
- 2In large bowl or punch bowl, add rest of ingredients folding gently til well mixed.
- 3Gently fold in pastas well.
- 4Adjust seasonings to taste, meaning, add more salt, parmesan, etc., til it's to your own liking.
- 5Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
- 6*If serving this much later or the next day, you'll need to "refresh" this. Just add a bit more olive oil, salt and parmesan cheese before serving as the noodles suck up the oil and seasonings a bit.
- 7*This salad is best room temp or even slightly warm.