Cheese Stuffed Shells in Marinara
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If it's got tons o' cheese, chances are I'm going to like it! Indeed, I LOVE these. Simple as they are, they pack one big flavor punch. I add a little garlic to the cheese when I make 'em, but season to your liking. The Test Kitchen
- jumbo pasta shells (cooked/towel dried)
- 4 oz
- mozzarella cheese, low-fat (shredded)
- 8 oz
- ricotta cheese, part-skim
- 2 oz
- parmesan cheese, fat-free (grated)
- 1 large
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 15 oz
- marinara sauce
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Shells in Marinara
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine 3 ounces of mozzarella, all of the ricotta and Parmesan, egg and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 3Stuff each shell with cheese mix.
- 4Place in ungreased 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 5Pour sauce over shells.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- 7Top with remaining mozzarella.
- 8Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.