Cheese Stuffed Shells in Marinara
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If it's got tons o' cheese, chances are I'm going to like it! Indeed, I LOVE these. Simple as they are, they pack one big flavor punch. I add a little garlic to the cheese when I make 'em, but season to your liking. The Test Kitchen
12jumbo pasta shells (cooked/towel dried)
4 ozmozzarella cheese, low-fat (shredded)
8 ozricotta cheese, part-skim
2 ozparmesan cheese, fat-free (grated)
1/4 tspground black pepper
15 ozmarinara sauce
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Shells in Marinara
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 3 ounces of mozzarella, all of the ricotta and Parmesan, egg and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff each shell with cheese mix.
- Place in ungreased 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Pour sauce over shells.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.