Cheese and Pasta in a Pot - Dee Dee's
This dish very quickly became a family favorite. It was way to much for us to eat at one time, so I would split it and put one dish (uncooked) in the freezer for another meal.
My friend lost her battle with cancer many years ago. Everytime I make this dish I think of her and remember the happy times we had as friends.
2 lblean ground beef, or ground meat of your choice
·olive oil, extra virgin
2 mediumonions, chopped
1 clovegarlic, crushed
115-ounce jar of ragu or your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 lbcan stewed tomatoes
·salt and pepper, to taste
16 ozshell marcaroni, uncooked (in photo, i used farfalle and macaroni)
1 1/2 ptsour cream (i have used a mixture of sour cream and cottage cheese)
11/2-pound pkg provolone cheese, shredded
11/2- pound pkg mozzarella cheese, shredded
13-ounce can sliced mushrooms, optional
How to Make Cheese and Pasta in a Pot - Dee Dee's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in a little olive oil in a large skillet; drain off excess fat. NOTE: I also rinse the browned meat and drain to make sure I get most of excess fat removed.
- Return meat to skillet; add onions, garlic, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper; mix well. Simmer 20 minutes until onions are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook shell macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cover casserole; bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.