Cathys Penna Vodka All'Amatriciana Sauce
- extra virgin olive oil about 2 turns of the pan worth
- 6 clove
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (use as much or as little as you like)
- chopped parsley
- healthy pinch of dried basil (or use fresh)
- 3 slice
- bacon, diced
- 1/2 c
- vodka sauce (use the best you have it really matters)
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce, no-salt added (small can)
- cream, half and half, or milk (i used coffee mate dried powder since thats all i had)
- 1 lb
- penne pasta (or an tube type pasta you like)
How to Make Cathys Penna Vodka All'Amatriciana Sauce
- 1In a pan 2 turns of extra virgin olive oil add bacon and let it cook. When its golden add garlic and let it cook together until the garlic is also golden. Add red pepper flakes, parsley, and basil. Take off the heat and add the vodka. Cook until it reduces some.
- 2Add the diced tomatoes (I ran them thru the food processor since its all I had on had) add the small can of tomato sauce and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 3When your ready to eat cook pasta according to package and turn off heat on the sauce. Add the cream (or what your using) You want the color to be the color of tomato soup.
- 4Toss the pasta with sauce garnish with parmesan cheese and extra parsley if using fresh.