This recipe can be made "saucier" by not cooking down the tomato sauce as much as listed. This is totally a personal decision. Just remember that it will cook down a little more in the oven as it bakes, so adjust the sauce cooking time accordingly.
Buon Appetito! =^..^=
- 3 lb
- ground chuck (although ground turkey also works well)
- large onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- medium green pepper, seeded & chopped
- pinches of oregano (or to taste)
- of garlic salt (or to taste)
- of salt (or to taste)
- 58 oz
- (2 large cans) of tomato sauce
- 16 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz
- shredded swiss cheese
- 4 oz
- sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned, optional
- 8 oz
- lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
How to Make Carol's Lasagna
- 1Put on a pot of water to boil for the lasagna noodles. It's OK if they get done before the sauce since the whole dish will heat up in the oven.
- 3Add oregano, garlic salt, salt and tomato sauce to the browned meat mixture. (Add the canned mushroom LIQUID now, if used. Save the canned mushrooms until step #9.) Cook over low-medium heat until thickened, stirring often, about 30-40 minutes. (If you like your lasagna "saucier," cook only about 20 minutes.)
- 4While cooking the sauce, cook the lasagna noodles, with the oil, in the boiling water until almost tender. Drain the noodles.
- 5Mix the cheeses together in a bowl.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (or mist with cooking spray) a 13 x 9 baking dish.