- 1 lb. cooked ham, finely chopped, 1/2 to 3/4 inch strips
- 4 tbsp. corn margarine or butter
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh minced parsley
- 1 lb. hot cooked spaghetti and fettuccine, drained
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese, plus additional
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Carbonara
- 1In heavy skillet or wok over medium heat, cook ham til it’s lightly browned. Remove pan from heat.
- 2Have ready, in other containers, the butter or margarine, parsley, eggs and 1 cup Parmesan, as well as the pepper.
- 3Add hot spaghetti, butter and parsley to the ham. Mix quickly to blend. Pour in the eggs and continue to blend, quickly lifting and mixing the pasta to coat well with the egg.
- 4Stir in the cheese and a dash of pepper. Mix again. Serve with addition each.