Caesar Salad Pasta
1 colive oil
1/4 cgarlic, finely minced
12 cromaine lettuce, cut into 1/2" strips
2 ctoasted homemade toasted bread crumbs
3/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
4 tspgrated lemon zest
2 tspblack pepper
·salt to taste
1 lbspaghetti, cooked and drained
How to Make Caesar Salad Pasta
- While pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the lettuce and saute turning often until wilted, about 3 minutes or so.
- Add 1 cup of the bread crumbs, the lemon zest and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan. Stir for a minute until cheese has melted.
- Add drained pasta and pepper and toss well.
- Place in a large serving bowl and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Note: Homemade toasted breadcrumbs
Toast several pieces of bread (Make extra at breakfast) and allow to set out 2-3 hours so it dries out completely. Tear into pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until desired crumb is achieved. (No need to toast the breadcrumbs in the oven, it's already toasted!)