Caesar Salad Pasta
- 1 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- garlic, finely minced
- 12 c
- romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 c
- toasted homemade toasted bread crumbs
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tsp
- grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 lb
- spaghetti, cooked and drained
How to Make Caesar Salad Pasta
- 1While pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the lettuce and saute turning often until wilted, about 3 minutes or so.
- 3Add 1 cup of the bread crumbs, the lemon zest and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan. Stir for a minute until cheese has melted.
- 4Add drained pasta and pepper and toss well.
- 5Place in a large serving bowl and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- 6Note: Homemade toasted breadcrumbs
Toast several pieces of bread (Make extra at breakfast) and allow to set out 2-3 hours so it dries out completely. Tear into pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until desired crumb is achieved. (No need to toast the breadcrumbs in the oven, it's already toasted!)