Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Pasta Sauce
1 lbfresh brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and halved
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 lbmushrooms, quartered
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 1/2 chot milk
1/2 tspprepared horseradish
1/2 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- Steam brussels sprouts for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- In a skillet, over mediu-low heat, cook mushrooms and onion in the butter.
- Add salt and pepper, dill, tarragon and mustard.
- Sprinkle in flour, stirring as you sprinkle. Cook 2 minutes,sirring constantly.
- Gradually drizzle in the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook over very low heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in horseradish, brussels sprouts and cheese.
- Serve over pasta.