Braided Spaghetti Bread
- loaf rhodes bread dough, thawed to room temp.
- 6 oz
- spaghetti, cooked
- 1 c
- thick spaghetti sauce (i used more)
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- egg white
- 1/2 lb
- sausage, cooked
- parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
How to Make Braided Spaghetti Bread
- 1Lay down a piece of parchment paper. Use rolling pin to roll loaf into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Cook spaghetti according to instructions. Remove wrap from dough.
- 3Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of the dough. Tip with sauce and cheese cubes. You may add 1/2 pound sausage.
- 4Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left.
- 5Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid. Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and parsley. I added garlic powder.
- 6Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.