★★★★★ 1 vote5
- loaf rhodes bread dough or 12 rhodes dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 6 oz
- spaghetti, cooked
- 1 c
- thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
- egg white
- parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
How to Make Braided Spaghetti Bread
- 1Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper).
- 2Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly
- 4Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough. Tip with sauce and cheese cubes. (I mixed my spaghetti and sauce together and added a ½ pound of cooked Italian Sausage)
- 5Make cuts 1 ½-inches apart on long sides of dough to within ½-inch of filling.
- 6Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- 7Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet. (or transfer parchment paper to baking sheet). Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley (I added garlic powder).
- 8Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.