★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbsweet italian sausage
1 cchopped onion
1 clove(large) garlic minced
1 can(s)(15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 tspdried oregano
1 tspdried basil
8 ozbow tie pasta
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Bow Tie Pasta with Sweet Italian Sausage
- Remove Italian sausage from casings; brown in a large heavy skillet, breaking Italian sausage up with spatula.
- Remove browned Italian sausage to paper towels to drain.
- Drain off all but about a tablespoon of the sausage drippings; sauté onions until soft; add minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Cook tomatoes in the same skillet for about 4 minutes then add liquid.
- Return Italian sausage to skillet with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until done; drain and place on serving platter.
- Spoon sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Toss lightly and serve.